Frequent questions asked by our customers

How many years of experience do SFS Cargo Express has in the market?

We have over 22 years of experience in the market for international freight.

What information should I give my supplier?

You should tell the user name under your account was registered, whether personal or business, and our address: 8600 NW 72 Street - Miami, Fl 33166

What are your business hours?

Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm

How much does it cost to send a package?

First you have to tell us the location of the cargo and its description, dimensions, weight and place of arrival, then will send a formal estimate value.

What kind of documentation do I have to send with the load?

All cargo must be accompanied by the commercial invoice and packing list.

Should I get insurance for my cargo?

The load should come with insurance, always informing your sales representative. SFS Cargo Express would not be responsible In case of damage or loss and the load comes without insurance.

How I can determine if I pay the freight by weight or by volume?

We make a comparison between the actual weight and volumetric weight and freight is charged based on the greater value of the two weights.

Do I have to pay taxes when I receive my cargo?

All cargo is subject to tax payment according to the laws of each country, it should be noted that taxes will depend on the CIF value and tariff table of your product.

When will I receive my load?

The cargo is delivered within 2 or 3 days after the reception in our warehouse.

How do I know if the load is dangerous?

All perfumes, sprays, used auto parts with oil, various oils, paints, corrosives, vehicles with full battery acid as motorcycles, automobiles, generators; articles or substances that are considered a risk to health, safety, property or the environment and that are included on the list of dangerous goods by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and / or the International Air Transport Association (IATA), among others, are listed as a hazardous waste. If you have any questions please contact us via

What is an inland?

It is the movement of your cargo from anywhere in the United States to our warehouse in Miami.

What is "bunker" or "fuel charge"?

It’s the fuel surcharge and it’s calculated depending on the weight or volume of your load. Bunker is the terminology used for ocean shipments; fuel charge is used on air shipments.

What is a SED (Shipper's Export Declaration)?

It is a requirement demanded as a measure of export statistics for equal items, whose price is more than $ 2,500.00 and is mandatory. The SED is submitted to USA Customs electronically and to process it is necessary that you provide us your commercial invoice.

What is the difference between Bill of lading (BL) and Airway bill (AWB)?

Those are the documents containing all information of your shipment and are required for the transportation of your cargo. Bill of lading is used for ocean shipments and airway bill for air shipments. Without this document you would not be able to get your cargo at the destination place.

What is warehousing or storage?

It’s a fee charged when the merchandise is kept at the warehouse longer than previously agreed, it’s an additional service provided by SFS Cargo Express for customers who require it.

When will my merchandise pay warehousing or storage fees?

After 15 days of its arrival in our warehouse in Miami.

What is a UN number?

It is a four-digit number provided by the United Nations hazardous load transportation experts committee to identify dangerous cargo in international transport. It identifies the class and cargo subdivisions.

What it is IMO?

The IMO is the International Maritime Organization, an organization that requires the cargo to be accompanied by a declaration of dangerous cargo and it’s used to inform the shipping line transporting hazardous waste.